Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Frigidaire microwave made a slight Clicking sound and went

Customer Question
dark after hitting "Start" JA: Can...
Frigidaire microwave made a slight Clicking sound and went dark after hitting "Start"
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 15 mos. Model No. FGMV175QFA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on the issue...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: After the unit went dark, checked the wall plug, and it beeped once... then nothing. I am semi technical, and good with tools
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

can you give me an idea of what the problem may be before i decide if i will be able to fix it?

ok you will need to open the control panel and on the electronic control board on the Number 1 terminal you will have one red wire and one brown wire test those two for 120 volts A/C

Since when you powered it up it beeps I would speculate that it is a bad control board .

A new control board will run you almost $200. for the part

Are you wanting to do the test for the control board to see if it in fact does have voltage to it?

how do i open the control panel?

you will need to remove the grill above the microwave (two screws on the cop of the microwave metal cabinet)

Then the console has one screw on top of it .

remove the screw and the control /console will drop down and the control board is mounted on the inside of the console.

I am sorry. I have been called away. Cannot continue now.

no problem

Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!

Thank you.

Anytime!!

John, Home Appliance Technician