Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Thermador Professional range, purchased in 1995: 4…

Customer Question
I have a Thermador...

I have a Thermador Professional range, purchased in 1995: 4 gas burners, grill, and griddle; one large and one small electric oven. Model # GCR48 4GG LB 48R. The burners are hard to light and the ovens do not accurately hold temperature; the self cleaning function only worked ONCE. Thermador technician said that computer system in front panel would have to be replaced, but that they were no longer made. Moving the range out would involve destroying a floor and an island. Is it possible to REPLACE the whole top range, including the electronics, leaving the ovens and the body of the appliance in place? I realize this would be almost the cost of a new appliance, but IS IT POSSIBLE?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

See the model numbers typed above. 1995

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No--but we don't want to spend $15,000 on top of what we need to pay for this to repair our kitchen.

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I really just want to ask this question of someone who REALLY KNOWS what is possible with Thermador.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You tell me.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter? Are you asking can you put a diff rent unit on top of it?

remove the burners, etc, and the computer/panel in from, and hook it up while keeping the oven in place.
BTW, I have already paid $49 to have this question answered. The website says that I would have to pay an additional $32 to talk to you on the phone. Moreover, the initial webpage said that my question would be answered by a certified Thermador person.
If I had known that "Webb Guy" would be the "person" I was talking to, I wouldn't have asked the question. I understand that the original assistant was a bot. My question needs a real person.

I will open this up for anothers assistance since you do not seem to want to work with me.