Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer) During the wash cycles, I…

Customer Question
Whirlpool Duet Front Load...

Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer) During the wash cycles, I get an F21 error, the washer does not enter the spin cycle and the clothes are dripping wet. When I put the washer on the "Drain/Spin" cycle, the washer spins and drains properly.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 years. Model: WFW9200SQ02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. Thanks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

The F-21 error os a long drain.

What type of detergent do you use?

HE or no HE

And have you ever removed the front lower panel and cleaned out the drain pump filter /catch ?

HE (Tide Pods).No I have not cleaned out the drain pump filter /catch.

ok let`s remove the lower front panel( two screws under the panel)

Then lift the bottom of the panel out and up, the drain pump filter catch is right there in front and the cap is a 1/4 turn cap .

have a towel ready to catch a small bit of water and let me know what if anything you find in the filter

I am not able to do this right now but I will this evening when I am free.
Anything else you can suggest while I have it open?

do you ever use a washer store bought cleaner in the unit?

We have run the clean washer cycle but I have not used a washer cleaner product.

Ok I also recommend the you use washer cleaner ,the manufactures recommend about every 6 months.

I recommend a product called AFFRESH you can purchase it anywhere laundry detergent is sold normally in the same isle as the detergent.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time