Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cleaned my GE wall oven yesterday. Now it keeps flashing…

Customer Question
I cleaned my GE...

I cleaned my GE wall oven yesterday. Now it keeps flashing "oven door" with a lock symbol and the oven will not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hang on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The model number is ***** approximnately 2 years old ( i bought the house, new construction and moved in the last week of October 2015

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The skew number is *****

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The lock symbol means that the oven latch is somewhere between the locked and unlocked position. Open the oven door and locate the little plastic push button switch in the upper right corner around the front frame of the oven cavity. This is your door switch. Push this switch in all the way or tape it pushed in completely. Rest the circuit breaker on your house and come back and wiggle the latch in case it's sticking. If after 2 minutes the unit keeps saying "oven door", that little switch in the upper right corner needs to be replaced because it doesn't think the door is closed even when the switch is pushed. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for oven door switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?