Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Chef oven clock panel has recently started beeping.

Customer Question
My Chef oven clock...

My Chef oven clock panel has recently started beeping. Initially the beep was random, but every now & then becomes regular (the alarm when the timer goes off). I move the dial to 'mind' & the beep stops temprarily. Can

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Chef, but don't know the model number. It was installed mid 1993. It has hardly been used but the separate Chef cooktop has been used quite a bit

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what is wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I want the beeping to stop

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
8/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Can you please advise the Model Number

First thing is to turn off and leave for 10 mins, this will often reset electronics

Reset Clock

Please report findings and Model so we can further assist

As I mentioned, I do not have the model number. If the model number might be located on the oven somewhere I will look for it but it was installed when the house in early 1993, was built, and I do not have that information.I turned the oven/stove off at the fuse box 2 days ago, have just switched it back on. I have reset the clock. The problem still exists. The beep is intermittent, random.

Unfortunately I am unable to assist you further without more specific detail and shall opt out to allow another to try to work this through with you

Appliance Technician: Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician

Hi I am Stefan and will try to help you out in general since we don't have a model number.

Can you tell me if you have a digital or mechanical clock?

The clock is digital. The LEDs are also playing up, so the first digit of the clock time (hours) matches the last digit of the clock time (minutes). For example, what should read 07:25 will read 57:25, the 67:26 as the minutes increase. I wondered if the timer was playing up, causing the panel to beep but I was not able to control the time being set on the timer. I could increase the time but not decrease the time. For a while I could silence the beep by turning the dial to "mind" but that was only a temporary fix ( an hour or so). The oven (therefore the stove top) is switched off at the fuse box to stop the beep.
Hello? Is there anybody there? Is anyone there to help me?
Hello? If you're not going to help me, how about telling me, rather than ignoring me! Not very impressed.