Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer keeps wanting to change from cold wash to warm and

Customer Question

My washer keeps wanting to change from cold wash to warm and I have to reset it two or three times during the wash cycle
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Fisher and Paykel aquasmart about `12 months old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No just wANT TO KNOW IF ITS A SETTING PROBLEM OR A PROGRAMMING PROBLEM
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i DO NOT HAVE A HOT WATER SUPPLY
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So unfortunately you can't just get "cold water" if you select cold as your water temperature option. This washer is too smart to use just cold water because if the incoming water is below a certain temperature, it will add hot water as well to make sure the water temperature is warm enough to activate the detergent since most of the time cold water is too cold coming out of the ground or city pipes. Either way, you need to have both hot and cold water connected to this washer to use it or you're going to get errors when it tries to add hot water even when using the cold water selection. The washer will not do this during the rinse cycle, but for the wash cycle it does and it's not something you can prevent or bypass. If you wanted, you could use a "y-connection) and connect both the hot and cold water to cold water and then it will work normally but you can't just have the cold water connected and nothing connected to the hot water without having problems.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?