Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer temp is set on 0. Current temp is 11. How do I…

Customer Question
My freezer temp is...

My freezer temp is set on 0. Current temp is 11. How do I fix

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

GSH22JGDBB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure. How involved is it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

IS the fan running in the freezer and blowing air and is the refrigerator temp normal?

to all
Fan is running refrigerator temperature is fine fan blowing

OK the unit is running low on freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.