Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Samsung refrigerator #RS265TDRS is not working It shows

Customer Question

My Samsung refrigerator #RS265TDRS is not working It shows the code OF. If I program the temperature it just goes back to the OF.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2012
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know. Just seeing if it was a quick fix with the controls
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fan in the refrigerator section was replace last year.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OF OF means that the unit is in demo mode. I'm not sure if you tried this or not, but all you should need to do is press and hold the power freeze and energy saver buttons for 5 seconds to remove demo mode. If that doesn't work or the unit goes back into demo mode, the control board behind the display panel will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Most of the time when this issue occurs, your display board is just shorted and you can't exit demo mode. I say that because it's just as difficult to put the unit into demo mode so it's not likely that someone just leaned on the control panel and accidentally put it into demo mode.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.