Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Dacor oven with 6 burner range. All 6 in, igniters…

Customer Question
I have a Dacor...

I have a Dacor oven with 6 burner range. All 6 in

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Igniters spark when power is on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced what I believed to be bad igniters

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello, if the burner ignitors are clicking when you power it on that means that one of the burner switches is stuck in the closed position. On each burner shaft under the knobs there is a rotary switch that when you turn the burner knob the switch gets turned and closes sending 120 volts to the spark module. When the module is activated ALL BURNERS spark so that is normal by design. Now what happens over time grease and food get under the knobs and into the switches causing one to stay closed as if you have that burner turned to the on position. Then when you plug it in everything starts clicking. You would have to take the cooktop apart to get to those switches. On that unit it is a job to do as you have to separate the top from the base to get at them and change out the bad one. You may want a tech to come out and do it depending on you skill level, but it is totally worth fixing. The switches range from $40-100 depending on if your model is sold as a set or individually.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.