Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool 9610 electric dryer had an f70 error but the

Customer Question

My whirlpool 9610 electric dryer had an f70 error but the whole electrical panel is flashing, not just a single button.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: May 2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.
Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.
This F70 error means that your front interface control panel isn't communicating with the main board properly. Try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics reset. If not then the front interface control board would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
any idea what the cost is to replace that board? in other words, is a new dryer going to be cheaper?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

A new dryer wouldn't be cheaper but I'd need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way to look up the exact cost. Typically it's about $250 or so? Not cheap.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wed9610xw0does that $250 inc labor pour just part?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

That is just the part itself, and it's part number WPW10279709

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all the Google says f70 means over heating
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Google is free for a reason... Attached is a screenshot from the service manual I pulled up just to show you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?