Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you remove the safety wire around a maytag oven

Customer Question
How do you remove...

How do you remove the safety wire around a maytag oven light?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I m digging for paperwork. Hold tight fora minute.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model mer5875ran

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

If you are talking about the snap wire in the center you just pull it and bend it over to the side and then the glass will come out. CLick here for image to show you.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

That was not the right answer. I do not have a snap ring over the light lens. That would have been a no brainer. The ring I have goes around the base of the glass cover and you can't get a tool or your fingers on it to remove it. I gave you the model number. That should have told you my stove does not have a snap ring. Sorry guys, you failed on this one.

That sir came right out of the manual for the model you listed so I did not fail on this one you may have the wrong model number.

Sorry, the model number I gave you is the one off the receipt for the payment. I will try another avenue to get help.