Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag centennial commercial technology It won't…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag centennial commercial technology It won't power in or start the sensing button is now not working either

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model MVWC425Bw0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's currently filled with water and clothes and hasn't turned back on

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thanks
I already paid $28 to chat I'm not paying another $24 to talk
I'm trying to repair myself
I need that charger before my phone dies
Sorry wrong person

OK first try to just unplug the washer for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If not and everything is 100% dead with no lights or anything, then the control board inside the panel has failed and that would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board if you need it for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

If you have lights that come on the control panel I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your actuator failing or possibly your drain pump being clogged up. Both the drain pump and the actuator motor are located below the tub and if you're wondering, the actuator is the part that switches the shifter next to the motor. You'll want to first check the drain pump first which is below the tub. Just remove it and if you find nothing inside, re-install and move onto the actuator. If you find debris inside the pump, remove it and try the washer again.

To access the actuator you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for part as well as video at bottom of link that shows you how to replace the part.

Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one full rotation and the control panel should beep.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line. Just note which lights appear and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. There will be 2 sets of lights that appear and I need both sets to know what error you're getting.

Also, below is a video that might help you pull up the error code.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

If it's filled with water is there anyway to get to drip pan?

There is no drip pan, I have no idea what you are talking about. And I said to do a lot of things so what do you mean by "It's showing the sensing button after I did what you suggested"

I unplugged for 60 seconds. Then when I plugged it the sensing button came on. Then I pushed start and the sensing button started blinking. Also I meant the drain tub

OK then it doesn't sounds like your control board is bad. You need to follow the rest of my instructions I gave you. I wrote a lot before, please just follow what I wrote.

I can't tip it back because it's filled with water

I don't think you're even reading what I've wrote so I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you.

Thanks for nothing! I did perform steps a- f and nothing happened. The sensing light simply stayed on. I can't tip the washer and get to the drain pump because the tub is filled with water
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc