Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am getting a 5y cf error on my frigidaire communication…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a 5y cf error on my frigidaire communication board and my fridge is not powering up

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

FGHC2378LP1 - about 5/6 years old, I assume?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have reached out to a few people and the hotline but no-one is available so I will be doing it myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are correct that this error is a communication failure between the main control board and the front interface control board. You can try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset to start. If that doesn't work, there is nothing you can do but order and replace one of the control boards. Unfortunately you can't test to know which one has failed but typically the board below the bottom of the refrigerator behind the vent panel has failed. This board was re-designed due to the that part failing so commonly so below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model. You can access it for replacement by unplugging the refrigerator and opening the refrigerator and freezer doors. Remove the vent panel along the bottom of the refrigerator on the front, and you'll see a plastic box below the refrigerator. Remove one screw going up into the floor of the refrigerator holding the box in place and then the box pulls forward and you can remove the board for replacement.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?