Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE WSSH300G1WW washer that stopped at the rinse…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a GE WSSH300G1WW washer that stopped at the rinse mode. I can get it to work sort of if I put it in diag mode by pressing start/cancel. By work, I mean the washer will rotate back in forth for a little bit then stop. There's still some water in the washer. Can't get it to drain and there's a humming noise coming from it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's at least 6 years old (WSSH300G1WW )'

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep, I have the top off right now.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can put it in rinse mode from the diag test, but other modes work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

I am.

My apologies for the delay in response I work in the evenings. So the water is not draining out? If the water is not draining out but you hear the humming that can mean that you have a clog or your drain pump has went bad. have you inspected the drain hoses and the drain pump for any clogs yet?

I will do that today (inspect those things thanks)

your welcome and again I am here when you need me.

I was able to manually drain the water out of the washer by pulling out the hose and pointing it towards the ground. Eventually bits of stuff started to come out. Once the water was out, I was able to restart a load cycle and water was coming in as expected. I started the wash cycle and stopped at rinse.
Seems like the drain pump is clogged and humming. I pulled all of the water out, is it safe to remove the clamps around the pump to inspect for clogs ( will excess water flow out). Thanks.
Okay if I take out the drain hose and lay it on the ground water comes out and the washer moves past the rinse cycle. The pump doesnt seem to be coming on at all, but is hot to the touch.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago

so then from the sounds of it power is coming to the pump but the pump is not working so the pump will be the part that needs to be replaced.