Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Maytag Advanced Cooking System stove and oven, part…

Customer Question
Have a Maytag Advanced...

Have a Maytag Advanced Cooking System stove and oven, part number MGR5770ADW, serial number 15360694WB. The oven broiler and self clean works flawlessly bu the oven bake mode does not ignite. The gas manifold is in good condition and the ignitor looks almost new. What won't the bake option self ignite the gas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1995 96

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is all. I long to make a Hawaiian Carrot cake and need the oven ti work.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since your oven still works on broil, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $35.

CLICK HERE for igniter

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. ***** stars if this fixes my challenge.

No problem and glad I could help. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Done

Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?