Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore front loader model # 110. I replaced the

Customer Question

I have a kenmore front loader model # 110. I replaced the door hinge and now it runs for a few minutes and then throws a error code 25 and stops
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 5 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The door hinge wouldn't have anything to do with this error so I'm not sure why you're getting this error. You'll need to check a few things which I'll list in a second, but generally if everything checks good, you'll want to replace the MCU because it's not reading the motor correctly. The MCU is the motor control unit mounted to the floor below the tub.

F25

DRIVE MOTOR TACHOMETER ERROR

If the control is unable to properly detect motor speed, the machine shuts down.
If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door unlocks after 3 Minutes.

Possible Causes/Procedure

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check drive motor tachometer resistance. It should be approx. 115 ohms.
3. Check wire harness connections between the drive motor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
5. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?