Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a roper top load washer less than year old, won't run…

Customer Question
I have a roper...

I have a roper top load washer less than year old, won't run water for rinse cycle. Washes, drains and just sits there . We cleaned filters in lines but continues to stop

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Roper model#RTW4516FW1 TYPE 587-20

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit is less than a year old, you'll want to call warranty because unfortunately the actuator below the tub has failed and the washer isn't shifting into spin mode so after the water drains it just sits there waiting for the actuator to shift the transmission into spin. That's unfortunately never going to to happen so that is why the actuator will need to be replaced to resolve this issue and it's under warranty so it shouldn't cost you anything to repair it. The number for warranty is 1.***-***-****.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?