Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag Neptune mah6500a and the start pause button…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag Neptune mah6500a and the start pause button is flashing. All of the buttons are able to be pushed except for the stat-it does nothing. We checked the door lock and that works. We also checked all water and drain lines which are fine. Is there anything else we can try?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ok it is about 15 years old and the model is MAH6500AWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We did pit it into service mode to confirm the door lock.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the start button is typically the one that fails because it's the button that gets pressed the most. You can't just replace the start button itself, you have to replace the entire touch control panel and there is a serial break on this particular washer so you'll need to call a parts store with the full model number and the first 2 digits of your serial number to look up the correct touch control console for your unit. The part is usually just under $200 I'll warn you in advance.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?