Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have replaced the main board in the back because of the

Customer Question
constant flapping if the ice...
I have replaced the main board in the back because of the constant flapping if the ice maker. Now the water and ice controls in the front door don't work. The control board stays locked. Does this front circuit board need replaced also?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What is the part number you ordered and replaced? Also, what is the model and serial number for your refrigerator? Have you programmed the new board yet?

Serial number- 13132620np
Model- AFI2538AES
Maytag board 12920721Yes it was programmed to code number in fridge

Unfortunately you ordered the wrong board for your unit which is why I asked all that information. There is a serial break on this particular model number and the board was re-designed and split into 3 different boards. The board you need for your serial break is WPW10310240. You need to return the old board and order part number WPW10310240. Below is a link to the board.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

That is identical to the one taken out. I actually just gave you number from the old one

I know that. And I explained that 3 different board are used to replace this board. The same part won't work again. You need the board part number I gave you. There is no point in arguing.

Ok why would the same part number not be required? I'm not arguing just know that when doing repairs on anything else you replace part number for part number and that is the pet that sears direct had for a replacement.

The part was redesigned. The same part number only works for serial numbers that start with 10 now. Your unit serial starts with 13 so it requires a different part now. The old board failed too often when re-engineering it they determined they needed to split up the board for specific series. The original part number is ***** the same part number for series 10, but later versions require a different board now.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

I just put the new board in you asked me to get and I have the exact same thing happen

Well it sounds like you have the correct board now if you ordered the board I sent you, but either the front board has also failed and needs to be replaced or you need to program the board correctly so I'll send you an option to speak by phone if you wanted me to walk you through how to program the board.

The board has been programmed and it accepted the code.
What is the part number for the front biard
Board
Can you program the front board?

OK that's great, so at least we have the right board now but unfortunately it sounds like you have a failed board up front as well now. The front board part number is ***** And no, you don't program the front board, just the back board you replaced via pressing buttons on the front board.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc