Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm not getting any voltage to the drain pump. I should be

Customer Question

I'm not getting any voltage to the drain pump. I should be getting 120 volts.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: A couple of days. No voltage, no drain pump.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, where is the sensor that sends the signal to start pumping
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number for your appliance so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Amana 7200TW
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no, i have already paid for an expert. i have not had my question answered
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Can I get the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tyler,
I'm at work now, not at home. So i can't get the full model number. Most washing machines have some kind of sensor to turn on the drain pump, what i'm asking is where in the machine is that located. i have also taken off the control board and looked that over and i don't see anything burnt. my thought is something is on the sensor probably a film of detergent that needs to be cleaned so it can work. Where in the machine is the sensor that would send the signal to the drain pump.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

It does not have a sensor to turn the drain pump on. Please respond when you can send me the model number.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tyler,
You are dragging this out, if it doesn't have a sensor to turn it on, what does it have to turn it on. this is like pulling teeth.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I feel like this is like pulling teeth on my end. How can I answer your questions without a model number to see how your unit is built which I asked for 2 days ago?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NFW7200TW is the model number. What can you tell me at this point.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. I know it may not seem like a lot, but without that model I can't even see what washer you have or the circuit diagrams or anything like that. For this model the power comes directly from the control board down to the drain pump. The control board just sends power at certain points in the cycle for a set amount of time to drain all the water out. There is a pressure switch which will give you an error if it detects water still in the tub after the allotted amount of time has ended to drain the washer, but it doesn't actually control how or when the washer drains. Either way, if you're certain the drain pump is not getting 110 volts to turn on, you'll need to make sure the wires aren't broken between the pump and the control board and if that all checks good, replace the main control board. The bigger issue is that the board is no longer made so locating a new control board may be near impossible. The board you'd need to try to locate is W10273828. If you can't find one, you can either send your old board into Core Centric Solutions to have it refurbished for about $200 and takes about a week, or you'd need to get a new washer.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?