Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchen aid dishwasher code that looks like a lock with a t…

Customer Question
Kitchen aid dishwasher code...

Kitchen aid dishwasher code that looks like a lock with a t in it. What does it mean

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 3 years type no is listed as 582-2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know what the code means

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That likely is a childlock, meaning the unit is on a child lock mode. Can you set anything? If not find the button that has the child lock indicator under it and press and hold that button for 3-5 secs to remove the childlock.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.