Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How much refrigerant do I need in a ksss48db kitchen aid…

Customer Question
How much refrigerant do...

How much refrigerant do I need in a ksss48db kitchen aid side by side?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ksss48dbwoo 20 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

The exact ounces and freon are listed right on the tag on the unit. Open the door and check the frame edge or interior top walls or ceiling for the tag and it is listed right on there. If you cannot find it let me know.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

No references are on the tag. Only the dimensions of the unit itself.

That unit calls for a 6.5 OZ charge

What does that call for on the pressure gauge? How many pounds on the pressure gauge?

0-5PSI on the suction side when charged.