Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Centennial washer starts, the tub fills for 5

Customer Question
Maytag Centennial washer starts...

Maytag Centennial washer starts, the tub fills for 5 seconds, the lid locks, then after some relays click, the tub spins for about 1.5 seconds then I'm left with a Sensing Light solid, and a Lid Lock flashing.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5-7 years. MVWC200XW2.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If the lid lock light is flashing that means that when the lid is locked the electronic control board is not sensing that the lid is locked.

I recommend replacing the lid latch /lock assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/W10404050/1938607?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=w10238287?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is my first time using JustAnswer. Are there any other reasons the LidLock light would flash that would NOT indicate the Lid Lock has failed?

it is either the lid latch /lock switch or the lid lock circuit with in the electronic control board .

but the lid lock is what gets wear and tear from opening and closing all the time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can it be bypassed to verify the failure of the part?

no it can not the lid latch assembly does more then one thing at a time and you would need to bypass several things at once to test the unit.

And i do not even recommend the by passing for experienced techs .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No go. Same happens.

you by passed the lid switch or replaced it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replaced. Same issue happening.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The lid is physically locking, and was before, but the light still flashes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ran a diagnostic... f2e1 f7e1 f0e2 f5e1, then it flashes all 5 lights twice. Where the f number is ***** one when the sensing light blinks and the E number is ***** the sensing light doesn't blink.

ok so if you have now replaced the lid switch and the lid lock light is flashing you have to have a faulty electronic control board with in the lid lock circuit.

Where it is not sensing that the lid is locked.

Because the blinking lid locked light is telling us the control is not seeing the lid as locked .

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/W10480178/2448678?rcaid=1000070

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time