Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Huh pearl, Had the washer for 2 yrs, Amana front load

Customer Question
Had the washer for...

Had the washer for 2 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Amana front load automatic washer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The door is locked and I can't open it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Remodeling house water was turned off inadvertently while I did a wash, it did have some code but I can't remember it, water drained out and I unplugged the washer as the water pump was still pumping. Now when I plug it back in the pump is running door is locked and I can't turn it off

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Does this model have a separate lower panel below the door panel or is the front all one piece?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?