Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch stacked washer and dryer. Having trouble with

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch stacked washer and dryer. Having trouble with the washing machine. It stopped mid cycle and then couldn't get door open. It gave an error code f: 61. After reading some stuff on line I drained it and cleaned the filter and used emergency unlock to open door. After that, shut off power and restarted as the machine would not start again. So now we are able to open and close the door, but when we try to start the machine, we can see the right information for the cycle chosen, but the "signal" button shows red light and when we touch the start/pause button, we get a beep and no action. It is a Bosch Axxis WAS24460UC from circa 2009. I looked through manual but it does not have anything describing this situation.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years old. It's WAS24460UC
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes unless I can't figure out what to do...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all that has happened and that I would know to report so far...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

SHut the power off to the unit for a full minute and turn it back on and see if it will start.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have done that multiple times for short and extended (few hours) time periods. No change to situation when I turn back on.

Let me see if another tech can help I do not have lookups for that particular unit. standby