Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an older Bakers Pride Pizza oven that I bought from a

Customer Question

I have an older Bakers Pride Pizza oven that I bought from a convenient store owner. Did the early model stones in these ovens contain any asbestos? The model # is MO2E 5680. This kind of chat is new to me so,bear with me.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The brand is Bakers Pride and it has two shelves. I estimate the oven to be at least 30 years old- model MO2E 5680. The cooking stones are 17 1/2 x 17 inches and 1/4 inch thick.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Why the question? Everything works perfectly. It's just that I heard that some of the early model stones contained asbestos.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, other than the fact that its a commercial -style oven.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

No there has never been an asbestos in any of the stones.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.