Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to replace an Amana thermostat model1F82-281. Live in…

Customer Question
I want to replace...

I want to replace an Amana thermostat model1F82-281. Live in Atlanta Ga. want advice.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 15 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

7 wires to box

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

34;Amana Thermostat Model 1F82-281"

What kind of an appliance is this ? I find nothing on that model number .

All I need is the replacement mode #.l

ok that is fine but as of right now I have no idea as to what kind of appliance this is.

Is it a washer ,dryer a range ,dishwasher ETC.

This is a AC house thermostat.

ok your in the Appliance category .you need to ask your questions on the HVAC category

I stated this when I first made con tact.

This is all I see !

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 15 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

7 wires to box