Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My computer buttons don't work on my Maytag Neptune washing…

Customer Question
My computer buttons don't...

My computer buttons don't work on my Maytag Neptune washing machine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's 2001 Model #5500BWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

One day they worked and the next time they didn't.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

The touchpad often fails on that unit you can heat it up with a hairdryer and remove the back panel on the control console and try and reseat the ribbon from the touchpad onto the board. If that does not work replace the touchpad.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.