Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Yeah that would be great, It just started this morning My…

Customer Question
Yeah that would be...

Yeah that would be great

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just started this morning My fridge started making noise and producing some kind of chemical smell

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Mm i exactly dont know the model but its hitachi and i just bought it a year ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yeah

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Mm thats al i have got

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Where is the noise coming from exactly? The refrigerator or freezer section or down below the entire unit?

Its coming from the entire unit from back

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

The model number is ***** r-v405pt5
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for your question
I’m Martyn, welcome to JA.

Advise that you turn the unit OFF and store contents in Cooler box with ice if this is likely to be more than 24hrs before an engineer with degassing equipment can check it for you... they will need it empty to be able to move and access

Call the supplier where you bought it and have the purchase date and Warranty information ready... often a short time after 12 months will still qualify, especially as these types of appliances ought to be good for gas for at least 5 years... it is an environmental issue as much as for your health

They may refer you to.... Hitachi Service LINK

It seems that you have a compressor gas leak, so stay ventilated to avoid gas build up in that area... a fan and open doors/windows is advised

Let me know the results and we can see what to do next
I hope I’ve been able to provide you with the information you were seeking.
If you are happy with my service, your positive rating, before we finish up here, is most welcome.
Need more help about this issue ? Please let me know