Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a self cleaning oven, Model C S980S N1SS, Serial…

Customer Question
Hi, we have a...

Hi, we have a self cleaning oven, Model C S980S N1SS, Serial MT239843P. The stove top is locked (burners will not turn on). We are following the "range lockout" instructions for unlocking it and it still won't work. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Radiant Self-Cleaning Convection, model C S980S N1SS, about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oven is working, no blown fuses

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If just the cooktop is locked out and not the oven, then you are not locked out. Range lockout stops all burners including the oven from heating as well as stops the buttons on the touchpad from responding. Try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not, start self clean and wait 60 seconds. Now cancel self clean and wait 60 seconds more. If the latch isn't in the proper location, the oven will not allow the cooktop to heat because it thinks it might be in self clean. Either way, if none of that works, replace the main display control board because it's just confused and not allowing power to go to the burners.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.