Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Water us coming out of the drain air gap, and water is

Customer Question

Water us coming out of the drain air gap, and water is getting under the covering on the cabinets and making the covering bulge.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Several months. It is severe as a lot of water comes through the drain air gap
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know what work needs to be done. I am 81 and probably could not do the work unless is something simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is the only problem I have.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

The line from the siphon gap to the drain trap is blocked up or kinked. Then when the dishwasher drains the water gets pumped to the siphon gap but can go to the drain trap so it leaks all over. You would have to get under the sink and remove the large hose from the siphon gap to the trap to check it for blockages or a kink.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please refund my money. I was told it would be $5.00. I said I would have to have some other person do the work. I am 81 years old and am unable to get under the sink so why am I being charged an extra $36.00. I could use that money to get a repair person in. If you knew I couldn't do the work then you should have told me to hire someone to come in.