Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool front load washer modelwfw72hedwo will not respond…

Customer Question
Whirlpool front load washer...

Whirlpool front load washer modelwfw72hedwo will not respond to any controls

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Only light on is door locked and sounds like pump is running no response from start maybe 3 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yup

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Was working fine until front panel was touched during cycle

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

so the problem you are having is that your main control board has went bad. Sadly its not a cheap part at all. Unless you replace this part it will not work. Its not a hard part to replace its just expensive.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W11031829/4461630

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.