Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The water line that feeds the ice maker is connected to a…

Customer Question
The water line that...

The water line that feeds the ice maker is connected to a plastic or rubber part, the name of which I don't know. All I know is that this part leaks down the fridge. What is this part called, and how can I replace it? It's a simple but annoying problem.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE Profile Arctica pss25mgma. 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to. I'd hate to have to pay for such a simple job. I wouldn't mind just buying ice and pouring it in the bin, but water still flows through the line, and the leaking persists.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing further I'm afraid.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This part that comes in through the back of the freezer where the water line connects to is called the "fill tube seal". Either way, it comes out the back behind the refrigerator when replacing it and below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model. To replace the part, just disconnect the hose then twist the fill tube seal counter clockwise 45 degrees and pull out hard.

CLICK HERE for fill tube seal

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you so much!!!

No problem and good luck!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?