Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool freezer was covered in ice - I scrapped that

Customer Question

My whirlpool freezer was covered in ice - I scrapped that out but it's still not cooling
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 2012 I think and et8chkbo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I accidently unplugged it but it seems to be on Has power and fans blowing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So unfortuantely there is going to be frost build up behind the back panel inside the freezer which will cause air to not circulate down into the refrigerator or even around the freezer very well. You'll need to either remove everything in the freezer and unscrew the entire back panel inside the freezer to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer, or you need to unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours to allow the vent and everything else to thaw out so it'll work properly again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.