Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am a Samsung side by side owner. The refrigerator side…

Customer Question
I am a Samsung...

I am a Samsung side by side owner. The refrigerator side ices up that impedes the fan. i can hear it, and I usually take it apart and clear the ice. I think some insulation is missing on the refrigerant line. How can I fix it. ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is RS265 TDBP, about 7 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is the only problem

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the refrigerator is over frosting, it means your unit isn't defrosting properly. Pull the lower back cover off inside the refrigerator to expose the fan and the silver evaporator coils. Unplug the refrigerator. You'll need to test continuity through the heating element that runs along the bottom of the silver coils after you thaw out the frost with a hair dryer. If the element does NOT have continuity, replace it. If the element does have continuity, the sensor clipped onto the top of the silver coils that controls the defrost will need to be replaced. The part number for the sensor is DA32-00029Q and below is a link to the part since this is typically the part that fails. If you don't have a multimeter to test the heater, just replace the sensor as this is usually the faulty part.

CLICK HERE for sensor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

This will not work. The refrigerator defrosts properly. I am looking for a way to repair the missing insulation on the refrigerant line?
Come on guys. I would like a refund.

If the unit was defrosting properly then the unit wouldn't build up ice hitting the fan. The reality is that it's not defrosting properly if ice is building up around the fan.

I want a refund. You don't get the problem.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Let's end this with a refund
Kelly, Appliance Technician