Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Water softener fail, ,leak from top. Fills tank with water.

Customer Question
Water softener fail, ,leak...

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About 4 days. Model WHES33

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Traced leak to black part at top. Possible gasket.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you have diagram of parts to fix problem?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That means the regenerate is not working and likely blocked up. Can you pull out the fill tube and see if the check valve is blocked and make sure it is moving up and down and actually works. Also what is your skill level for a repair on this?