Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Lets see how much you know. I have a 12 year old Kitchen Aid…

Customer Question
OK, lets see how...

OK, lets see how much you know . I have a 12 year old Kitchen Aid refrig side by side. The ice machine started yesterday where the receiver cup for the water nozzle froze up and the water then overflowed into the freezer. I removed the ice maker, washed out the receiver cup emptied the ice cube freeze tray and reinstalled. Later that night I found the water feed tube was froze all the way up to the back of the frig where the mounts screws are and the water line from the valve connect. Repeated the process of emptying again. Now the ice maker is still freezing in the inside supply tube and the amount of water you hear going to the tray is 1/4 of the fill needed. What do you think? Bob

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Im not at home but the ice maker mounts to the left side of the freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats pretty much it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.