Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm trying to run the Diagnostics. I initially got the codes…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm trying to...

Hi, I'm trying to run the Diagnostics. I initially got the codes F06/E01. I thought by pressing the second button however the machine would run a test on itself Instead it seems to be flashing through all its codes.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer Model: WFW94HEAW0
S/N: C23350078

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It will turn on and the problem appears when the sensor light turns on.The machine will initially show an F06 error, then later and E01 error. The door will remain locked for several minutes until it automatically unlocks so the contents can be removed.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E01 F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the entire back panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to replace the MCU because it's not sending a good signal to the CCU. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for MCU

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?