Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a refrigerator that no longer makes ice cubes but…

Customer Question
I have a refrigerator...

I have a refrigerator that no longer makes ice cubes but pours water nd the ice cube tray in sheets. Do you have a manual that could help us determine what the problem might be? I

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model RF266AEBP what do you need to identify model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Samsung APPROXIMATELY 5 YEARS OLD DOUBLE TOP FRIG DOORS WITH FREEZER ON BOTTOM

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only a manual which help us identify the hook up between the water line and the ice tray

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the icemaker dumps in sheets and leaks when the gears in the head of the icemaker sticks. You'll need to replace the icemaker to fix this issue. The only good news is that Samsung icemakers are very inexpensive compared to other brands. The downside is that the part tends to fail about every 5-10 years. Either way, below is a link to the icemaker you'll want to replace. When you replace the icemaker, make sure to unplug the refrigerator first and do not plug it back in until you install the new icemaker. If you have the icemaker removed when you plug the refrigerator in, you'll get an error code which is very difficult to remove. Below isa link to the icemaker for your model you need to order.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?