Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We purchased a Maytag Centennial washer on Dec. 10, 2015 and…

Customer Question
We purchased a Maytag...

We purchased a Maytag Centennial washer on Dec. 10, 2015 and when we got it then you closed the lid and pushed the button the lid locked and the lid locked light came on. Then three weeks ago, all of a sudden the machine stopped during the rinse cycle and set there for over ten minutes. I pushed the start/pause button to interrupt the cycle and started the cycle from the start. Since then when you start the load of clothes washing the Lid Lock does not start until it gets to the spin cycle. We have not washed any clothes since Wednesday of this week. All of a sudden yesterday (Thursday) evening I heard the click from the lid lock and I went back there and the lid was locked, the lid lock was on and no water or anything in the machine. Now, you can not get into the machine and pressing the start/pause for 20 seconds does not even unlock the machine. Can this be reversed or do I need service?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it Dec. 10, 2015

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well what can be done to get it fixed? Who or what is going to fix it?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

When that happens you likely have a bad main control board. This unit is a bit difficult to work on as the boards need to be programmed and calibrated. I would have a tech come out and check it out, but if you want to try and run it through a calibration yourself do the following and if it still does not work call a local company in your area to check it out.

You need to get the last stored error out of the machine. Rotate the dial counterclockwise a few turns stopping at 12 oclock, then go SLOWLY 3 clicks forward, 2 clicks back, 1 click forward. All lights should light up if done correctly. If they do then you want to rotate the dial forward(clockwise) until RINSE only is lit. Once that is lit, press Start and wait until the machine completes the test and unlocks the lid, that normally will take 3-7 minutes to do. If it stops right away and shuts down the control is bad.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called Maytag Service and they talked me through fixing the machine. Thanks