Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker does not make ice...the water dispenser works,

My ice maker does...

My ice maker does not make ice...the water dispenser works

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GSS25UFPA BB I just bought it used...it has been sitting in a garage for several months...water dispenser didn't work until I replaced the filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

8/4/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Is the freezer temperature 10* F or colder?
  2. If you look in the ice maker, is there ice waiting to be dumped or is it dry?
it is dry

Looking at the tube that brings water to the ice maker, does it appear clear or can you see ice built up in it?

waiting....

You must have not seen my last reply. It is copied below...

4 Aug 2017, 10:06 AM

the tube is white..it feels frozen...and there is an on off switch...duh...lol
  1. Correct, is the ice maker on?
  2. Can you verify the water tube is clear by looking with a flashlight?
no...its completely white

Thank you. So there are a couple possibilities. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The easiest way to test the ice maker is to manually fill it with water. If it does not dump cubes in a few hours (and it's turned on) the ice maker is faulty. If it does but does not fill back up, the fill tube is likely frozen or the water inlet valve is faulty. If you remove the ice maker, the fill tube may be accessed for thawing with a turkey baster and hot water. The ice maker simply unplugs and plugs in for replacement. If you need either part, see the link below!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
thank you
I will

Thank you!