Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My GE microwave oven turns on when I open the door, stops

Customer Question

My GE microwave oven turns on when I open the door, stops when I close it. Model # CVM2072SM1SS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Manuf. Date on oven tag is March 2008. Model # CVM2072SM1SS Ser.# FR 901381 B.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. Unless the problem is simple to sole.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If problem can be solved by manipulating the key pad (hopefully) I may attempt it under your possible guidance. If problem is more complex, I won't attempt it and would need help in locating a REPUTABLE GE Repair Service in the Westfield, NJ 07090 area.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

The lower door switch will need to be changed out, watch this video to change it out and you should be good to go again.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I respectfully ***** ***** VISA acct be re-credited. I had distinctly indicated in my comments that I would go along with your offer IF IT ONLY REQUIRED FOLLOWING SOME SIMPLE KEY PAD INSTRUCTIONS FROM YOU. Obviously the video in your "answer" is much more complicated. If I had known that, I never would have proceded as I did. Again PLEASE REFUND MY VISA ACCOUNT.