Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Viking stand mixer and the lock won't hold. When in…

Customer Question
I have a Viking...

I have a Viking stand mixer and the lock won't hold. When in use, the arm pops up. To stop this, I have to stand next to it and hold it down. Is this reparable?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

All I know is that it's a Viking "Professional" and I would think it's at least ten years old. It has had this lock problem for a long time. It was so powerful, that it "walked" off my counter and it's never been the same. It never occurred to me it could be repaired. I just thought I'd ask.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not, as I'm mechanically challenged. If it's too expensive or involved, I will just replace the machine.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I think that's about it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

the model number is ***** on the bottom of the base.

I'm sorry, I didn't see the rest of this until now. All I found on my mixer is that it's a Viking Professional USM700 5K.01.

I do not find any parts break down on this model .

I think your going to have to contact Viking directly to be able to even get a parts break down on this model.

I show their info as 1-***-***-**** If you prefer, you may write: Viking Range Corporation, P.O. Box 956, Greenwood, Mississippi (MS) 38930. The following information will be required: Date of original purchase (a copy of sale receipt), model and serial numbers (located on bottom of the unit), and a brief description of what has occurred with the product.

John, Home Appliance Technician