Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The screen info (temp alarm freezer etc lights) goes off.

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: The screen info (temp alarm freezer etc lights) goes off. When touching the screen at the icon the lights go on but after 2 or 3 secs they turned back off. Besides food at the freezer is de frosting.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Model RF28JBEDBSG/AA SAMsung .
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do not know what else
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then you need to press the Energy Saver button on the control panel to make sure it's not stuck in energy saver mode. Lastly, if the unit still won't work properly, the main control board on the back of the refrigerator will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?