Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I bought a 4.4 cu ft. whirlpool refrigerator for my off the

Customer Question

I bought a 4.4 cu ft. whirlpool refrigerator for my off the grid solar cabin. I am using 300 watt panels, 800 watt inverter but it won't start the compressor. What size of inverter in watts would I need?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: new, bought it one month ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I already installed the solar system
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know the HP of the compressor and can't find it in the back or the manual. But the system does operate a 3 cu ft compact refrig.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And also on the model /serial tag should give you LRA (locked rotor amps ) let me have that also please.

A compressor upon start up will use twice the amperage/ wattage as when it is running.

in just rough calculations if the unit pulls 10 amps on start up you will need at least a 1,200 watt inverter.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time