Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Frigidaire slide in glass top stove stopped the cleaning

Customer Question

my Frigidaire slide in glass top stove stopped the cleaning process and had an error code 30 come up on the front of my stove so I canceled the cleaning after that nothing works its locked and it wont open and the fan keeps running. I tried turning off the breaker and back on now its unplugged
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I figure I will be buying a new stove because this stove has done this before and it was the computer board and it was very expensive so I'm not doing that again....its approx. 9 years old we put it in our house we were building
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: the model # is inside the door and it wont open
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: a repairman I talked to on the phone this am said I should be able to bypass the oven so I could at least use the stove top till a new one comes in, it could take a week
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

All appliance information is looked up via a model number.

Look to see if you have the owners manual it may have the model number on or in the manual.

Error code 30 usually means the temperature sensor is out of spec.

Lets try to turn the unit back into Clean then after 30 second cancel clean and see if you can get the door to unlock.

Let me know please.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time