Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool side by side refrigerator freezer is not

Customer Question
My whirlpool side by...

My whirlpool side by side refrigerator freezer is not cooling or freezing. It only clicks on, runs 5 to 10 seconds, then clicks off. I already replaced the starter and capacitor

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years old model ED5KVEXVB00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When it clicks on it runs normal til it clicks off 5 to 10 seconds later

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is likely a bad compressor relay, pull the unit out and get to that to change it. Remove the lower back panel to get to the compressor and then remove the old relay off the left side of the compressor. It is a simple push on and plug relay. Here is a link to it. I would unplug it and move your food until you get the part.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I already mentioned I replaced the starter relay and capacitor this evening.
are you still there?
Should a new starter relay click when you shake it? I just received and installed it today along with a new capacitor. The relay clicks like the old one!