Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a samsung model rf263beaeww which leaks water under

Customer Question

I have a samsung model rf263beaeww which leaks water under the cool select pantry and collects on the bottom of refrigerator which sets on top of freezer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was bought in march 2015 and the exact model is a 3 door with freezer on the bottom.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The ice maker is located on top of refrigerator,left hand side. I tried to remove the tray of the ice maker but it doesn't,t want to come. I think it is froze, The water supply is located in the middle of the back where the leak seems to be. I am wondering if the drain is plugged and if so how do I get to it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the refrigerator, you need to remove the items in the refrigerator section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the refrigerator to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.