Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The oven door is locked, Dacor 15 years and the model number

Customer Question

the oven door is locked
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dacor 15 years and the model number is ***** the door
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if necessary
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

If the oven door is locked and will not open and the oven is cold try the following things to get the door to open. Note the oven needs to be cold or the thermostat will not open it after a self clean cycle right away.

First try to start a new self clean for about 30 secs and cancel it, often that will trigger the door latch to restart and reopen. If that does not open the door you can cut power to the unit for a full minute and power it back up and see if the door will open. If that does not work on some units you can remove the back and the latch motor is there with a lock rod going to a small hook iby the door. Those style units you can remove the rod and move it manually to open the door. If you do not have that style unit you need to get something flexible like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually. Most latch hooks you will slide the piece from right to left pressing the latch hook left to release it...90% are like that, the others are the opposite way depending on make and model.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.