Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is just flashing at the clean button and won't…

Customer Question
My dishwasher is just...

My dishwasher is just flashing at the clean button and won't turn

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It is a Whirlpool quiet partner three. It won't let me do anything to it it just keeps flashing clean

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is fairly simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am a woman who is not very mechanically inclined. LOL

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
I tried doing the time delay to see if it would still turn off, which it did.
8/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

A power surge or outage could cause the "Clean" light to flash continuously after the power is restored to your home. Pressing the buttons on the panel in order and within 5 seconds resets the control panel and turns off the flashing light. The buttons must be pressed in the following order: “Heated Dry,” “Normal Wash,” “Heated Dry” and “Normal Wash.” After pressing the buttons, your dishwasher will begin a short, 12 minute test cycle and reset the control panel. See if that solves it.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

does the door need to be closed and locked or open to do this?

Closed

ok, I did this and all the lights lit up for a quick second, then saw the 12 but I had hit the delay wash earlier and it seems to be counting down bc now it showed 16min left.
it is running now but not sure what kind of cycle it is doing bc I had soap in the door for a real wash
it says rinse only now I noticed

Yes you can Press Cancel and then restart the cycle.

it has about 9 minutes left, should I just let it finish out the cycle and then check to see if it is running ok?

Yes you sure can!

ok, it was done and I was able to restart it without any problems and it seems to be running the cycle ok.

Great all should be good then!